Top Ten Tuesday #16: This Could Be A Scary Book But Isn't


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly Top Ten list hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


I don't read scary books. Anything labeled thriller or horror is immediately pushed aside to a dark corner where it sits for so long that it'll be dusty and covered in spiderweb before anyone ever touches it again. Not because there aren't any good thriller or horror books out there but because I am waaaay to emotionally invested in what I read. I'm pretty sure I'd scream my head off and you'd hear my heartbeat from a mile away if I ever attempted one. Here's the thing, I feel more while reading than I do watching movies, and I jumped high one more than one scene in Ice Age 2. That's a kid movie, and I freaked. Imagine me reading a scary book....


Because of this I don't have that many scary covers in my personal library and while I could go looking for the most scary ones on GR I'm not really comfortable doing it that way. I kinda like to know what I'm putting on and promoting on my blog and since I can't say anything about the actual content of those books I don't like it. Instead I'm going to go through my library and pick out those that if you've never heard of the title or know what they're about could be the covers of scary books. So a "This-could-be-a-scary-book-but-isn't"-kind of list.


Click the covers to got to their GR page and see how not scary they really are.


          


The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa - Pale girl weeping blood. Haunting.
Whispers at Moonrise by C.C.Hunter - The broken gates and cold colors gives it quite an eerie feeling.
Existence by Abbi Glines - Those eyes!


           


Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick - A lonely girl in a thunder storm, everything could go so wrong.
The Marked by Inara Scott - A lonely road past the gate, where could it lead? One of those orphanage that kills people? An asylum? The girl sure looks like she wants to be anywhere but there.
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer - A bleeding, frayed tulip. Ominous.


          


Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan - Who, or what, will come through that door?
Fallen by Lauren Kate - A girl in a Gothic dress covering her face and surrounded by crows.  I really don't want to be her.
Forsaken by Jana Oliver - A girl with a sinister look in her eyes and a city on fire, doesn't bode well does it?



Destiny Binds by Tammy Blackwell - Dark woods with a creature with fiery eyes watching you. I'd run. And I'd run fast.


What's on your "Scariest book covers" list this week. Leave a link in the comments and I'll check them out!

Comments

  1. Ooh they do look creepy! Glad they're not too scary though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of them are actually really good books and have made it on my All Time Favorites list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites covers are The Immortal Rules and Fallen.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both gorgeous and creepy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Immortal Rules has always caught my attention. It's creepy in it's own way. Awesome picks! Thanks for stopping by our blog! :)

    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! The Immortal Rules was so far from scary, to me it was kinda lame. Same as Twilight. Some people have nightmares because of it? Wow, just wow... XD
    Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do? The whole point of this list was that the covers could, in another world, have been scary books but as it is now they aren't. .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts