Top Ten Tuesday #19: Things I Am Thankful For
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly Top Ten list hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
In true thanksgiving spirit we're listing ten things we are thankful for. I'm Swedish (if you've somehow missed that) and we don't celebrate thanksgiving, so I don't know how you usually do this at the dinner table (I know you Americans do that, they do it in Hollywood movies so it has to be true, right? ;)) We have a lot of other holidays but not thanksgiving. I'm going to give it a try and it might turn out to be a list of bookish things mixed with things unrelated to books, we'll see.
1. My amazing friends. They're the best, sadly many of them moved to other cities and universities for their master degrees after we finished our B.Sc's. I am thankful that we still keep in touch and talk on the phone and visit whenever we can. Of course I'm also thankful for the crazy bunch still living in the area!
2. Authors. They're my superheroes, there will be a whole post on their superhero status in the near future but in short: I am a reader, I love reading, and authors provide me with new books and awesome personalities.
3. My students. Besides working as a Black Jack dealer I'm also working extra as a math and English tutor for one eighth grader, one high school sophomore and one senior. The feeling when they succeed and feel immensely proud of themselves knowing I helped them get there is unbelievable.
4. My apartment. My first week in at university I lived at a hostel before I got my first room in a house, a 25 minute car ride away from campus. I moved a total of five times during my first year in Lund. There are 45 000 students at Lund University and 6 400 apartments/dorms for students, you do the math. Now I've got a big, newly built apartment on the third floor with a large balcony facing south. It's heavenly!
5. The blogging community. The blogging community has brought me so many laughs it's insane, I finally feel like my crazy side is fitting in somewhere and it feels great. I am so thankful for all and any comments and talks we may share!
Okay, so that's half a top ten but it'll have to do today. Have a great weekend and happy thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate!
What are you thankful for? Share your link in the comments and I'll check it out.