I am so sorry!

The blog died and I'm sorry for that. I am SO sorry. I was originally planning on blogging through Christmas, as in Christmas 2013, but that didn't happen. I blame a lousy internet connection for that. And after Christmas I worked, slept and worked some more and tried to squeeze in a meal or two. And then January came around and I just didn't feel like blogging. I didn't even feel like reading. Anyone who know anything about me know that I read at least ten books a month. Up until April I think I read a whopping 3 books. Three books IN TOTAL. That's a new low if I've ever heard one. Then it just continued like that.

It's not until the very last couple of weeks that I've gotten the excitement of books back and I actually feel like picking up a book.

But this is me saying that I'm back, for real this time. Posts might be a bit scarce at first but I'm doing it right this time and giving myself a buffer of at least a month, meaning all my posts except the wrap-ups will be written a month before they go live. I am also going to be HIGHLY selective when I'm applying for or accepting ARCs. I hate do disappoint and let authors down, and I have done that with my disappearance and I HATE it. I don't like to force reading and I'm not good at it, and that's what I had been doing with a LOT of ARCs before I went MIA, not necessarily because the books weren't up to par but because I just wasn't feeling it. I'm the kind of reader that can't keep focused on something I'm not 100% committed to and start doing other stuff in the middle of the page, then skip a bit, then skim a page, and again I'm letting the author down by not giving the book my all.

So I'm raising the bar way up for what I'm accepting so this never happens again. If you're an author reading this, please feel free to continue asking me to review your work because it might be just my kind of book, and I never turn those down.

The re-launch of the blog will serve as a new start, and what better way to start anew than with a new name and a new look? I was never truly happy with "Deb's Crazy Obsession", it was more of a "I can't come up with something better"/last resort kind of thing. But Books and Gibberish works, doesn't it? Well, I'm excited at least!

With the re-launch there will also be a lot of changes to the posts and especially how often there will be new posts. I tried so hard to post something every day, but that's just not working for me. I really want to but blogging takes time, and while I feel like I want to blog a lot I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands.  I won't be participating in every meme each week but rather when I feel like I have something fun to share or when there's a fun topic. Hope you don't mind.

That was a lot of info and I'm sorry for the long post but I felt I needed to say it all. Again, I just wat to say how truly sorry I am for abandoning you! (And since I never post GIFs, enjoy!)


Comments

Popular Posts