Book Tour: Sweet Surrendering by Chelsea M. Cameron + Giveaway
When Rory Clarke ends up hiring the guy she spent one steamy night with to be her administrative assistant, she's determined to keep things professional.
Lucas Blaine has other plans for her. He wants Rory, and it’s hard to resist his stunning blue eyes, chin dimple and the way he fills out a suit. Everywhere she looks, there he is, giving her a panty-melting smile and pulling her away for the most amazing (and satisfying) sex she’s ever had in her life.
What starts off as one sexual encounter turns into multiple trysts in and out of the office and the lines she’d tried to draw so carefully are blurring. But the closer they get, the more Rory realizes that there are things about Lucas she doesn't know, things he’s hiding from her. She’ll have to decide if she can surrender to her feelings or get out while she still can.
I am so excited to have Chelsea here with us today. And today she's not talking books but movies, specifically Halloween movies!
It's that time of year. The leaves are turning colors and falling. Kids are back in school. EVERYTHING is pumpkin flavored. Even the pumpkin is pumpkin-flavored. I love fall. But the thing I think I love MOST about fall is that it's finally time to watch some of my favorite movies! I'm not the kind of person who can watch a movie "out of season". Except for Elf. That can be watched anytime. Because of reasons. So, without further ado, my top five favorite Halloween movies!
5. Night of the Living Dead (The original): This is a classic, yo. The original, in black and white. It's so bad that it moves from terrible to terribly AWESOME territory. My favorite thing about this movie is the fact that the blonde chick's hair remains almost PERFECT for the entire movie. Priceless. Plus, you can't beat the fake zombies eating the fake guts.
4. Casper: Two words, kids. DEVON SAWA. I had the biggest freaking crush on him when I was a kid. He's just… yeah. "Can I keep you?" *Chelsea swoons away* Plus Christina Ricci has a ridiculous forehead. It's like a fivehead. And you can't beat the crazy ghosts. I may also have a thing for BIll Pullman.
3. Practical Magic: Apparently, I have a thing for Sandra Bullock. So many of the movies she's in are some of my favorites. But I think this is the best. PLUS, it has Stockard Channing and Diane Wiest. They're total badasses and let you have cake for breakfast. It's also one of the most romantic Halloween movies, I think, ever.
2. Hocus Pocus: If you haven't seen this movie, we can't be friends. My mother would never let me watch it at home, so I would go over to my best friend's house and we'd marathon it. You CANNOT go wrong with this movie. It's also one of the most quotable Halloween movies ever. "I am beautiful! Boys will love me!" Yeah, this movie is made of win.
1. The Nightmare Before Christmas: I know what you're going to say. "But Chelsea, this is a CHRISTMAS movie. It has CHRISTMAS in the title." After I smack you, I will inform you that Jack Skellington lives in HALLOWEEN TOWN and this movie can be watched on EITHER holiday. Or both, which is what I do. This is one of Tim Burton's masterpieces, and my favorite of his films. The part when Jack is singing and he walks over that hill thing and it unfurls gives me chills. Every time. And this one also has an earth shattering love story. What can I say? I like a little love with my scary.
The best part isn't even over yet, there's a giveaway with the most awesome prices ever! The Grand Prize winner: Will get to name a character in a future book, win a signed inspiration collage, and a red shoe charm bracelet. 4 runners up will receive a red shoe charm bracelet. Contest is international. Sign up for the Rafflecopter giveaway!
About the author:
Chelsea M. Cameron is a YA/NA New York Times/USA Today Best Selling author from Maine. Lover of things random and ridiculous, Jane Austen/Charlotte and Emily Bronte Fangirl, red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader and world’s worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, singing in the car and tweeting (this one time, she was tweeted by Neil Gaiman). She has a degree in journalism from the University of Maine, Orono that she promptly abandoned to write about the people in her own head. More often than not, these people turn out to be just as weird as she is.
Her New Adult Contemporary Romance titles include My Favorite Mistake, which has been bought by Harlequin along with a sequel, Deeper We Fall and Faster We Burn (April 20, 2013)
Her Young Adult books include Nocturnal, Nightmare and Neither, the first three books in The Noctalis Chronicles. The fourth and final book, Neverend will be out in 2013. Whisper, the first in The Whisper Trilogy is also available, with the second book in the series, Silence and the final book, Listen coming out in 2014.
Find Chelsea online:
Facebook: Chelsea M. Cameron