October Wrap-Up

October 2013


snö på vägen

October made a grande exit with Halloween. Not that I celebrated at all. No, instead I was working. I s'pose somebody has to do that too.

October brought a long a lot of chilly weather, when we hit 10°C (50 F) I gave up and pulled out my thick winter coat from the dark corners of the wardrobe. It sure was chilly but we didn't get a lot of rain, though. Or snow for that matter, but I did have a friend from up north who posted this on  Facebook Oct 17th →

I guess Mother Nature is storing all the rain and snow we didn't get in October for November. We did have one heck of a thunderstorm where I were honestly afraid my windows were gonna break from the vibrations. I'm expecting a lot more of those for November.
Konstgjort Break

THREE things that happened in October:


1. I was in the front seat when we hit a roe deer on our way home from work, in area none of us had visited before, at 5.30 am. Calling the police and trying to pin point the exact location where we hit it in complete darkness (without the car's headlights on you could literally not see your own hand in front of you), in the middle of the woods, in an unknown area when the only thing to go on is an abandoned barn next to the road was easier said than done. (Both were fine and so was the car)

2. I found a new wonderful tea and I'm in love. Rhubarb cream is my new poison. It tastes like rhubarb and vanilla and tastes just like I imagine heaven would.

3. I have had one heck of a month at work and I'm earning myself an awesome commission!

THREE things I'm looking forward to in November:


1. My brother is turning 18! My teeny tiny brother who's got at least a head on me in height nowadays and is fit as an Olympic athlete is finally old enough do drink and drive. Separately of course, I'd kill him if he ever did them at the same time!

2. I'm going to see the musical The Addams Family with my family that I haven't seen since June!

3. I'm going to spend a lot of rainy days curled up on the couch with some of my favorite tea.

The TWO best books I read this month:


1. Forsaken by Jana Oliver
2. This Much is True by Katherine Owen

Books read in October:


This Much is True by Katherine Owen
Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson
Say When by Tara West
Carter Reed by Tijan
Sweet Surrendering by Chelsea M. Cameron
Blood Purple by Ashley Nemer
Forsaken by Jana Oliver
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Forbidden by Jana Oliver
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Days of Blood and Starlight
Meeting Chance by Jennifer Lavoie
The Cursed Existence of Jessalyn Bell by Katie Lynn Johnson


Favorite quotes from those books:


“Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsters?”
― Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke & Bone


“That’s when she’d learned that male egos and fruit had a lot in common: Both bruised easily.”
― Jana Oliver, Forsaken


“You can't really hear heartbreak. It is remarkably silent but excruciating all the same.”
― Katherine Owen, This Much Is True


“You have only to begin, Lir. Mercy breeds mercy as slaughter breeds slaughter. We can’t expect the world to be better than we make it.”
― Laini Taylor, Days of Blood & Starlight


Challenge Wrap-Ups



Completed bullets:


7. Read the first installment of a series. Between the Lines (Between the Lines 1) by Tammara Webber
12. Read a book with a couple of the cover. Say When (Something More 1) by Tara West
16. Read a book shorter than 300 pages. Sweet Surrendering (Surrender Saga 1) by Chelsea M. Cameron
17. Read a book Published in 2013. Carter Reed by Tijan
19. Read a book with a cover picturing one of the four elements. Forsaken (The Demon Trappers 1) by Jana Oliver
22. Read a book about demons or spirits. Forbidden (The Demon Trappers 2) by Jana Oliver
28. Read a book where the main character has special powers. Hunting Lila (Lila 1) by Sarah Alderson
30. Read a stand-alone. This Much is True by Katherine Owen
31. Read a book without people on the cover. The Cursed Existence of Jessalyn Bell by Katie Lynn Johnson
35. Read a book about angels. Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone 2) by Laini Taylor

Score Round Three: 11/20
Rounds completed: 2/3



Pages read in October: 4588
Pages read in total: 134,340


Comments

Popular Posts