Top Ten Tuesday #26: Books I Think Make Great Beach Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly Top Ten list hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Summer is coming! At least it's supposed to be, with what looks like to be the coldest May in 10 years we're pretty much still waiting for spring up here...

Anyhow, with summer comes hours spent at in the sand at the beach or just lounging on the lawn. And I hate it. I love the beach because WATER. I'm pretty sure I was a fish in another life. But just laying there, frying in the sun is horrendous. I can't stand it, which is why I'm usually pale as sheet year round. The only way I'll survive the torture is if I can bring a book. Then I might actually get some form of a tan.

I love reading something light and easy when I'm on the beach. I'm not really in to the whole crying my eyes out in public thing and getting hot and bothered in a bikini doesn't sound all that appealing. So light and easy it is.

Here's what I'll definitely bring to the beach this summer:

Anything by R.S. Grey, honestly, everything this woman writes has a kick-ass female lead and a great story. I'd really recommend Scoring Wilder (REVIEW) or The Duet.

Any of Rachel van Dyken's The Bet or Consequence series. Both of them are hilarious but The Bet is a bit more substantial.

Wonder woman Penny Reid - She might be my favorite author of all time. Everything she puts her hands on turns into awesomeness. Any one of the books in her Knitting in the City series is a absolute must read, find my review of Neanderthal Seeks Human here and Friends without Benefits here. Her collaboration with L.H. Cosway, Hooker and the Hermit, is equally fantastic.
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover is amazing. And beautiful. Read it.

Pucked by Helena Hunting might get you a little hot and bothered, but you should bring it anyway because it's actually really sweet and because violet is on my list of favorite female leads, whick means she doesn't take any crap, got a quick mouth and swears like a sailor. I love her ♥

Fighting for Flight by J.B. Salsbury might actually get you a lot of hot and bothered but you should bring this one too. Favorite. 'Nuff said.

More than This by Jay McLean is so, so good and should be read on all beaches, everywhere, all the time!

What would a summer be without some paranormal? First up is Priceless by Shannon Mayer. Bad-ass main character who saves kidnapped children for a living, while being on the FBI's most wanted list.

Jennifer L. Armentrout's White Hot Kiss is also sporting a headstrong female lead (Yes, that's the 11th time on this list, I love them!) who's chumming it up with a demon. And a protector. May the Good Guy vs Bad Guy battle begin!

Forsaken by Jana Oliver might be one of my favorite paranormals ever, read my review here. It's light on the sexy but heavy on friendship and ass-kicking. The further the series progress the more romance you get. The sugar sweet kind. 

What will you bring to the beach this summer? Or lounge chair for that matter. Have you read any of mine? Liked them? Didn't like them? 

Comments

  1. White Hot Kiss was so great - I think it was my favorite from JLA. Maybe Someday is also my favorite from Ms. Hoover. I have never heard of Penny Reid but will totally check her out now. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! But I think I say that every time I read a new JLA xD Hoover has written so many good title but I have to agree on that one. I think Penny is the best thing that's ever happened to me book-wise. She's amazing and hilarious! Thanks and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these books but so many are on my TBR. Maybe Someday, More Than This and Scoring Wilder are ones that I honestly can't wait to read but they always get pushed back by newly released books. Anyways, lovely list and I hope you'll enjoy all of these books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling! I'd say start with Maybe Someday if you're in the mood for something beautiful and Scoring Wilder if you want something a little lighter and funnier. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Light and easy is basically the best kind of summer read, although I have to add in some fluff into mine :) Love your choices, nabbing a few of these to go on my to read pile!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! Fluff is always a nice addition :P Go right ahead, theses are some of my absolute favorites! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Maybe Someday, White Hot Kiss and Forsaken! I adore the romance in the Demon Trappers series. The slow burn romance is always my favourite!
    I really want to read Scoring Wilder and More Than This!
    Great list! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I finally found somebody who's read Forsaken?! I've never been one for the slow kind but this series definitely changed that! Thank you and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Great list! :-) I really enjoyed Maybe Someday. I do love a light summery read! Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't like ugly crying in public (It has happened and it's not pretty) so light and esay it is! Loved it!

      Delete
  6. Priceless, Forsaken & White Hot List are definitely going on my TBR list!

    My TTT:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. White Hot Kiss has been on the iPad for a spell. I also should probably break that out this summer. I'm not big on romance, but your list sounds really good. Might have to check them out. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts